Work is under way to turn the Depression-era Beverly Hills Post Office into a world class cultural center, the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, due to be completed in late 2012.
Built in 1933 on the site of the Pacific Electric Railway Station, the Beverly Hills Post Office is on the National Register of Historic Places. The United States Postal Service decided to close it in 1993 and sell it to the City of Beverly Hills who in turn offered a long term lease to the Beverly Hills Cultural Foundation to build a new cultural center.
Plans for the new center include a theater school, 500-seat Broadway-style theater, 150-seat studio theater/rehearsal hall, theater school, sculpture garden, gift shop and more.
The designer of the new Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts is Zoltan Pali of SPF: Architects of Culver City.
Unlike the demise of the Beverly Hills Friars Club, the Beverly Hills Post Office is facing a spectacular and well-deserved revitalization.
Map of Beverly Hills Post Office
View Wallis Annenberg Performing Arts Center of Beverly Hills in a larger map
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate – Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City single family homes,
- Palms/Mar Vista Real Estate – Palms/Mar Vista single family homes, Palms/Mar Vista condominiums
- Silver Lake Real Estate – Silver Lake single family homes, Silver Lake condominiums
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park single family homes, Echo Park condominiums
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, please fill out the online contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.