We are back to the point about buying a Los Angeles home for a bargain. You generally get what you pay for.
If you are thinking of buying a home at a foreclosure auction then beware of unknown matters that could pop up, as you will probably not be offered title insurance on the property. In a regular sale, the Seller will be paying for your title insurance. You could be inheriting a bunch of problems which will make it difficult for you when it comes to selling the property.
What matters are we talking about here?
1. Property Taxes
2. Senior Liens
3. HOA Liens if the foreclosing lien is not a first mortgage
4. Federal taxes (IRS has 120 redemption period)
5. Mechanics’ liens that have priority
6. Quiet Title Action due to fraud
7. City Government liens (sewer, trash, abatement, etc.)
8. Federal judgement liens
9. Bankruptcies (if no evidence of the Automatic Stay lifted)
10. Easements, Agreements, and CC&Rs.
You may be able to get a binder from a title company to insure a future transaction ,which may require you to clear all existing matters before an actual sale or refinance.
The foreclosure is not quite the bargain it first seems.
Search Los Angeles Foreclosures for Sale
$160,000 : 123 E 76th Street, Los Angeles4 beds, 3 full baths
$450,000 : 5022 Loleta Avenue, Los Angeles2 beds, 1 full bath
$290,000 : 1531 W 69th Street, Los Angeles3 beds, 2 full baths
$700,000 : 6288 Pine Crest Drive, Los Angeles2 beds, 1 full bath
$2,000,000 : 16996 MULHOLLAND Drive, Los Angeles3 beds, 4 full baths
$342,000 : 343 E 106th Street, Los Angeles4 beds, 1 full, 1 three-quarter baths
$219,900 : 226 E 78th Street, Los Angeles2 beds, 1 full bath
$265,000 : 1503 W 66TH Street, Los Angeles3 beds, 1 full bath
$506,000 : 2942 CHESAPEAKE Avenue, Los Angeles3 beds, 1 full bath
$185,000 : 519 W 65TH Street, Los Angeles1 bed, 1 full bath
$665,000 : 1878 S Curson Avenue, Los Angeles3 beds, 1 full bath
$350,000 : 1262 W 87th Street, Los Angeles2 beds, 1 full bath
$424,900 : 5016 Cimarron Street, Los Angeles3 beds, 2 full baths
$259,900 : 9616 Beach Street, Los Angeles2 beds, 1 full bath
$999,000 : 4057 Sea View Avenue, Los Angeles6 beds, 4 full baths
$304,000 : 633 E 89th Street, Los Angeles4 beds, 2 full baths
$649,000 : 2131 W 29TH Place, Los Angeles4 beds, 1 full bath
$1,089,000 : 3852 MCLAUGHLIN Avenue, Los Angeles3 beds, 1 full bath
$250,000 : 10317 Grape Street, Los Angeles3 beds, 1 full bath
$300,000 : 1309 W 73rd Street, Los Angeles3 beds, 1 full bath
$260,000 : 6318 S San Pedro Street, Los Angeles2 beds, 2 full baths
$600,000 : 268 S Burlington Avenue, Los Angeles3 beds, 1 full bath
See all Los Angeles Foreclosures.
(all data current as of 7/28/2016)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Westwood condominiums, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate – Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City homes
- Silver Lake Real Estate – Silver Lake single homes
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park homes
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, don’t hesitate to fill out the contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.