Following this weekend’s CicLAvia, Mayor Villaraigosa announced that Los Angeles will be starting a bike sharing demonstration project towards the end of the year. This program will be run by Bike Nation, which will install 400 booths with a total of 4,000 bikes.
How does this work? There are many of these bike-sharing programs around the world and in the U.S. It is all self-service. The bikes are checked out from the booths and cost will be determined on the length of time the bikes are out, with incentives for bikes rented for less than 20 minutes. And these booths will be located in areas where people live, work, and visit. The bikes are also assembled in Los Angeles.
If this project works, then Bike Nation will expand it over the next few years.
This is a great way to reduce our carbon footprint and ease some of the traffic congestion in Los Angeles. It will be interesting to see how well this all works.
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Westwood condominiums, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate - Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City homes
- Silver Lake Real Estate - Silver Lake single homes
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park homes
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, don’t hesitate to fill out the contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.