I often get a request from people buying a Los Angeles home as to what the disclosure “Short Pay” means. This is a brief overview of the process.
Understand that because the homeowner owes more than the home is worth, the lender is going to expect the home to sell at market price. There is little or no negotiation on a short sale.
Escrow is not opened until after lender approval, and generally no deposit is paid until that time. So there is no risk to the buyer. However, depending on the expertise of the listing agent and how many lien holders there are, the length of the short sale process can vary and can take up to several months. It is also possible that the sale will not go through.
So if you are a Los Angeles home buyer considering a short pay you need to be in it for the long haul.
Homes for sale in Los Angeles
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Westwood condominiums, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate - Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City homes
- Silver Lake Real Estate - Silver Lake single homes
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park homes
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, don’t hesitate to fill out the contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.