You are moving to our fair city and wondering whether you can buy a home in Los Angeles without being here? It may seem like a daunting task, but it is not impossible and may be easier than you thought.
- Where will you be working? You will want an easy commute.
- Are schools important? There are various sites that will help you determine in which school district you would like to be. Make sure to investigate further the exact boundaries of that school district, since two houses in close proximity could be part of different districts.
- What is your price range? That will narrow down the communities available to you.
- What kind of housing do you want, condo or single family? This may eliminate certain areas.
Another factor to determine the ease of your search will be financing.
If you are a cash buyer then you will have an edge but if not, you will need a pre-approval letter from a lender. You will not be able to make any offers without that. If you are a non-resident of the U.S. and need a loan it will be a longer, more complicated process and lender options will be limited. There are resources you may consult to get the ball rolling. I can steer you in the right direction.
Lastly, how are you going to do all this if you are not here? Here are some of the things I can do to help:
- Based on the above criteria I can help narrow down areas.
- I will send you listings to review which best meet your needs.
- You will need to view those listings. If you cannot make it, no problem. I can preview them with you on FaceTime or a similar app. It will almost be like you are there.
You should make at least one trip out to confirm that this is the property you want. After that everything can be handled remotely, especially with the use of electronic signatures. This is what I do for out-of-town buyers:
- Negotiate the purchase of the property.
- Arrange and attend the necessary inspections.
- Negotiate the request for any necessary repairs.
- Arrange and attend inspections by any contractors you may wish to consult.
- If you cannot make the final walk-through we could conduct that through a video feed together.
Apart from actually seeing the property buying a home in Los Angeles does not require you to be present. My concierge services will take care of that.
|Need to know more?. Fill out the CONTACT FORM or call Jane at 310-473-6919