Carmageddon 1 was a non-event. It took place a year ago to much fanfare and fear. We thought that Los Angeles would shut down. Amazingly enough everyone stayed home and driving on those days was a pleasure.
Then we had The Rampture. It was delayed from last year to a couple of months ago and continues, with on and off-ramps to the 405 being intermittently closed . Do we have congestion on the Westside, yes, but it is not as traumatic as first thought.
Carmageddon 2 is scheduled to start at around 7:00 p.m. on September 28, 2012 and continue through October 1st at about 5:00 a.m. with the closing and opening of ramps first then freeway lanes.
The purpose of this second closure is to complete the demolition of the rest of the Mulholland Bridge. Last year the work was finished early which is not anticipated this time since there is more involved.
Let’s hope this closure goes as smoothly as the last. Shame too, since I am out of the country the week before…..
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Westwood condominiums, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate – Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City homes
- Silver Lake Real Estate – Silver Lake single homes
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park homes
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, don’t hesitate to fill out the contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919. You may also request a Market Snapshot of your area of interest.