Why is a Los Angeles real estate agent, advocating renting a property in Los Angeles? We work on commission and of course would love to help sellers sell and buyers buy property for obvious reasons. However, in this Los Angeles real estate market that is becoming a little challenging to say the least right now. Why is that?
- Inventory is low and competition for buyers is huge.
- The Los Angeles real estate market is not inexpensive and many buyers are priced out of it for the present.
- Not everyone can qualify for a loan after a foreclosure or short sale and renting is their only option.
- If you are moving to Los Angeles you are going to want to familiarize yourself with areas before committing to purchase.
There are various ways to find a rental property in Los Angeles:
- Sign up with Westside Rentals. There is a small fee involved for a full search.
- Check out Craigslist. They generally have many of the same listings as Westside Rentals for free, but you need to be careful of the scams. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
- If you have an area you have decided on, drive around and check out signs. This is not the best since you have no idea of the price or condition of the property.
The above will give you a wider choice than just using an agent since we don’t have too many apartment listings. Our access is to mostly condos and single family homes.
A Los Angeles real estate agent does not have access to all the rental listings out there, and certainly not the lower-priced ones, but if you are looking for properties from around $3,000 and up, we can be a valuable resource. How? We…..
- Narrow down your search to match your specific criteria, so you are not wasting your time on properties that won’t work.
- Manage multiple appointments, since each listing is with a different agent. (Most of the listings we deal with are condominiums as opposed to apartments). Again this will save you time.
- Help you prepare for the paperwork that will be required to fill out an application. You will need a credit report, proof of funds and possibly more.
- Ensure that you are kept up-to-date on the latest listings before they are rented. The good ones go quickly.
This service is free to the tenant and can be invaluable, especially if you are new to Los Angeles and need guidance. Try it, you might like it……
Los Angeles homes for rent
|Need Help? Have questions? Fill out the CONTACT FORM or call Jane at 310-473-6919