You are a first-time homebuyer and you are looking for a home in Los Angeles, where do you start? In a city like Los Angeles you would assume that you have so many choices but you really don’t. You are going to be limited by several factors:
- The main consideration is your budget, that is going to narrow down or expand your search considerably. When that is established you can then
- Type of housing. Do you want to live in a condo or a house, a full service building, gated community, high rise, low rise, etc? And note that with a condo or gated community you are going to have to add homeowners dues to your monthly payment.
- Do you want an area with a high Walk Score or do you like the isolation of the hills?
- How far are you willing to commute, and you need to factor in the traffic as much as the distance. One accident and you can add a half hour at least to your drive.
- How important are schools? If you do not yet have children you may not have to factor this in yet, because when it becomes important you would probably be ready to move up to your next home.
- How many bedrooms do you need, and I say need not want? Maybe a two-bedroom would work.
- Are you willing or able to work on a home that needs some TLC?
- The main consideration is your budget!
Above all remember this is your first home. It would be wonderful to have it all, and sometimes that can happen, but you can congratulate yourself that you have started on the path to home ownership which will lead you towards your dream home.
Homes for Sale in Los Angeles
|For a free consult on your L.A. real estate needs, fill out the CONTACT FORM or call me at 310-473-6919