If you are thinking of selling your Los Angeles home, or are actually in the process of trying to sell it, you might consider a reverse offer.
What is a reverse offer?
A reverse offer is counter to what normally happens in the home buying process, where the buyer presents an offer to the seller. A house has been languishing on the market and there have been no offers, what do you do. You think of taking control of the reins and make an offer to a buyer. These reverse offers are not new, but at the height of the bubble they were not needed. Now this is a great tool to sell your home.
How should you make a reverse offer?
- Pick your Los Angeles home buyer carefully. You need to make sure that the buyer is really interested because chances are a reverse offer is going to signal desperation on the part of a seller. A rule of thumb would be that the buyer has visited your home more than once. Talk to the agent and gauge their interest.
- Make an offer that is less than the asking price. It doesn’t have to be significantly less but shows that you are motivated and serious about selling. Maybe throw in some items, like the flat screen TV or offer to pay their closing costs or buy down their mortgage interest rate.
- Make sure the buyer’s agent is 100% on board and willing to handle negotiations in this fashion. If not an offer is not going to work.
- Make the offer time sensitive, the shorter the better. This will show that you are serious and that they need to take the offer seriously.
If you are selling a Los Angeles home you have nothing to lose by making a reverse offer. It is going to differentiate you from the competition and you don’t have to accept any counter offers from the buyer that don’t meet your bottom line.
Who knows, the buyer might like being wooed, you may find yourselves coming to a meeting of the mind, selling your home and ending your wallflower status.
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate - Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City single family homes,
- Palms/Mar Vista Real Estate - Palms/Mar Vista single family homes, Palms/Mar Vista condominiums
- Silver Lake Real Estate - Silver Lake single family homes, Silver Lake condominiums
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park single family homes, Echo Park condominiums
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, please fill out the online contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.