If you are looking for the ultimate in green roofing for your Los Angeles home, KB Home and Irvine-based Boral roofing are introducing smog-eating tiles.
For those Los Angeles homeowners who are concerned about the environment, installing these concrete tiles will help neutralize the smog-forming nitrogen oxides emitted by automobiles and other burning processes. It is estimated that over one year, 2,000 sq. ft. of tile can burn up the same amount of nitrous oxide that a car would produce driving 10,800 miles! Nitrous oxide molecules can cause respiratory illnesses and damage plants and trees.
KB Home, a national home builder demonstrated the tiles in Lancaster in January, and after its enthusiastic reception, has decided to incorporate it in all its Southern California developments. In some communities the roof is standard and in others it is an upgrade averaging around $800.
The main naturally occurring ingredient of these tiles is titanium dioxide which, in the daylight hours converts the nitrous oxide into oxygen and nitrates.
A Los Angeles community filled with homes topped with these smog-eating roof tiles will be a much cleaner one. And an another benefit is that the rain will wash the nitrates off the roof and fertilize the lawns. The life span of these tiles is around 25 years.
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate – Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City single family homes,
- Palms/Mar Vista Real Estate – Palms/Mar Vista single family homes, Palms/Mar Vista condominiums
- Silver Lake Real Estate – Silver Lake single family homes, Silver Lake condominiums
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park single family homes, Echo Park condominiums
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, please fill out the online contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.