Enough of the jokes.
Los Angeles is number one on the list of cities that take care of their carless citizens. Yes, you heard me, L.A. Los Angeles!
This per a study conducted by the Brookings Institute which compared 100 of the largest cities with the most residents without cars and access to public transit. Then it ranked them as to the ones that effectively reached those residents and delivered them to their destination.
Surprisingly, Los Angeles offers the ability for people to get on a bus and get to work quite easily.
The report doesn’t say that it will get you to work quickly. In fact, 36% of residents will be stuck in the gridlock for which L.A. is best known.
Wonder why L.A. beat out New York. It was a percentage thing. While many more New Yorkers don’t own cars than Los Angeleans, the percentage who are reached by the public transit system is 98.7% as compared with Los Angeles where it is 99.1%.
Residents in cities like Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, Atlanta and St. Louis, can’t even get on a bus.
So, New York. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Los Angeles is number one.
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Westwood condominiums, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate – Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City homes
- Silver Lake Real Estate – Silver Lake single homes
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park homes
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, don’t hesitate to fill out the contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.