The second Los Angeles CicLAvia will take place tomorrow, Sunday, April 10th from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The “ciclovia”, meaning bicycle path, in Spanish started in Bogota, Columbia over 30 years ago as a result of all the pollution and congestion, something Los Angeles can relate to.
The cicLAvia will bring people into the streets, almost eight miles of which will be closed to traffic, on bicycles, skateboards, roller blades and on foot to socialize, and have fun. They will also be able to actually see neighborhoods and roads that they normally don’t when going on about their daily lives in cars. And the emphasis is on socializing.
The previous Los Angeles cicLAvia was on October 10, 2010 and was a great success with around 100,000 people in attendance. Tomorrow’s event should prove to be an even bigger one.
Some of the events planned are:
Grand Opening Ceremony at the Japanese-American National Museum at First and Central.
Valet Bike Parking at Japanese Village Plaza, to enable you to park your bike and tour Los Angeles’ Little Tokyo.
Hidden L.A. and FamilyFinds are organizing a scavenger hunt.
There will be a goal-kicking booth organized by Chivas USA. This will take place at MacArthur Park on 7th and Alvarado.
You can pick grapefruit with Food Forward at 11:00 a.m. at New Hampshire and 3rd St.
There are many more events, and then there are the after parties. And if you miss this one the next two Los Angeles cicLAvia scheduled are on July 10, and October 9.
Be prepared for road closures, although there will be some intersections where you can cross.
Have fun, and remember, SOCIALIZE!
Map of the cicLAvia route
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate – Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City single family homes,
- Palms/Mar Vista Real Estate – Palms/Mar Vista single family homes, Palms/Mar Vista condominiums
- Silver Lake Real Estate – Silver Lake single family homes, Silver Lake condominiums
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park single family homes, Echo Park condominiums
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, please fill out the online contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.