Los Angeles has been hit hard by the economic downturn and Animal Services is one of the many departments whose financial resources have been severely cut. Friends of L.A. Animal Shelters, a volunteer-run 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to helping L.A.’s city animal shelters raises funds to provide veterinary care and innovative adoption programs for which the city shelters do not have funding. Their goal is to increase the live save rate of L.A.’s city animal shelters.
L.A. Love & Leashes is the first pet store that’s 100% dedicated to saving the lives of orphaned animals in Los Angeles city shelters. L.A. Love & Leashes is located in Westside Pavilion mall.
The Grand Opening celebration is scheduled for Jan. 21, 2012, but since they wanted to be able to help find homes for animals before the holidays, they decided to open the store for adoptions during December even though it is not fully operating right now. Volunteers will be at the store most days from now until Christmas from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Dogs and cats from the city’s shelters are on-site and available for on-the-spot adoption.
When the store is officially open the will also have pet supplies and merchandise so that visitors can shop for unique gift items for animal lovers. The proceeds will help this worthy cause.
During their first open weekend L.A. Love and Leashes found homes for 8 shelter animals.
Friends of L.A. Animal Shelters’ new pet store “L.A. Love & Leashes” is an innovative way to increase adoptions.
Friends of L.A. Animal Shelters is a volunteer-run nonprofit that receives no federal, state or local funding. All funding comes from the public who love L.A. and want to make a difference in the lives of the animals who need you the most. Please consider giving generously today.
The mission statement: Together, we can strive to fulfill the L.A. Animal Services’ vision of a day when every pet born is ensured a good home and care.
How You Can Help:
- The number one way you can help is by donating to help the animals who need you the most. You can mail us a check or pay online. Your gift is tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- Shop and adopt at the store. Feel good knowing that every dollar you spend helps further their mission to support the city’s shelters.
- Tell a friend about this new nonprofit and their need to help to raise awareness.
- Connect with FriendsofLAAS on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
With your help, we can make L.A. a better place for the kitties, dogs and critters who love us unconditionally.
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Westwood condominiums, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate - Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City homes
- Silver Lake Real Estate - Silver Lake single homes
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park homes
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, don’t hesitate to fill out the contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.