If you are thinking of renovating a Wilshire Corridor condo, make sure you are ready. Check the Homeowners Association rules and regulations before identifying your contractors.
In the course of preparing a condo in The Wilshire ready for renting, I learned the value of having a Homeowners Association to protect the residents interests. These are some of the requirements which contractors must meet:
- Contractor must carry $1 million in liability insurance.
- Contractor must have workers’ comp coverage.
- Contractor must enter through P1 to check in, and then take the freight elevator to the unit.
- Although each unit is accessed directly from the elevator, the freight elevator opens on the floor. Contractors must ensure that the hallways floors are covered during work times.
- Carpet installers must place hard board in the hallways on which to lay the old carpet.
- For any major renovations, permits are going to have to be pulled.
This may sound like more work than necessary, but as a Wilshire Corridor condo owner you can rest assured that your interests are protected.
|Need Help? Have questions? Fill out the CONTACT FORM or call Jane at 310-473-6919