Santa Monica City Council unanimously approved the Bike Action Plan, 20 years in the making, which is an effort to get people out of their cars and onto bikes.
$2.5 million will be spent over the next two years to make 30 miles of streets bike friendly, starting with 14 miles of bike lanes and 17 miles of green buffered lanes along Broadway, Main St., 2nd St. and Ocean Park Blvd. An additional 2,500 bike parking spaces will be available in the next five years. Also opening in the next few months will be the first beachside bicycle campus with City Hall teaching the rules of the road to budding cyclists.
This is great news for Santa Monica residents, the majority of whom are bike owners. On a side note, the country’s largest bicycle center opened on Colorado and 2nd a couple of weeks ago.
Maybe Santa Monica will join places like Amsterdam and Copenhagen as one of the world cycling cities. And where Santa Monica goes, maybe the rest of Los Angeles will follow.
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Westwood condominiums, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate – Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City homes
- Silver Lake Real Estate – Silver Lake single homes
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park homes
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, don’t hesitate to fill out the contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.