Ever parked your car in a large mall like Santa Monica Place in Santa Monica, gone shopping, and then come back to realize that you have forgotten when you left it?
Santa Monica Place has installed the first camera-based “Find Your Car” system in the country.
How does it work?
You punch your license plate number into the touch screen of a kiosk. A photo comes of up your car’s location.
Park Assist is the company who developed the “Find Your Car” system along with the red and green lights above parking spaces, showing which ones available. These are also present at The Grove and Westfield Century City.
The system has proved quite helpful and lowered the number of times a mall security person has to drive around a distraught shopper looking for their car.
There is concern about the privacy of the “Find Your Car” system. If you are being stalked by an angry boyfriend, or the police, then they would have easy access. Park Assist is working on a new technology to allow the parking stub to be inserted into a machine which would show the location of the car. This would also help if you forget your license plate, or in the case of a new car, don’t have one.
Santa Monica Place in Santa Monica has seen business increase 3-5% because of the “Find Your Car” system. After all, wouldn’t you rather visit a mall where you don’t have to stress about remembering where you parked your car!
Map of Santa Monica Mall
View Santa Monica Place in a larger map
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate - Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City single family homes,
- Palms/Mar Vista Real Estate - Palms/Mar Vista single family homes, Palms/Mar Vista condominiums
- Silver Lake Real Estate - Silver Lake single family homes, Silver Lake condominiums
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park single family homes, Echo Park condominiums
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, please fill out the online contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.