Are you getting ready to sell your home in Los Angeles? Now is the time to hire a Los Angeles Realtor®.
You may be tempted to put a sign on your lawn and handle the transaction yourself, but that would not be wise. You think you are going to save money by not having to pay commission fees, but you could end up paying more. Why?
- The buyer knows that you are saving money and will negotiate accordingly.
- When it comes to negotiating you may not be able to keep your emotions at bay, and negotiating is a large part of the process.
- Are you going to want to handle all the showings that come with listing your home?
- Do you know what is involved in the long escrow process. You as a seller have certain contingencies which must be met and you are going to have to stay on top of the buyer to meet theirs.
- Selling a home can be a stressful process. Using the services of a real estate agent can make things much easier.
How to choose a Los Angeles Realtor®.
There is a lot more involved than just listing your home on the MLS and putting a sign on the property.
- The property should be marketed on the real estate agent’s and other appropriate websites. An agent with an internet presence is going to get more exposure.
- It is advisable to hold open houses until the home is in escrow. Who will be holding those open houses? Will it be the agent themselves or someone else? I would want to know how involved the agent is going to be in the process.
- If you are an absentee owner is a lockbox going to be put on the property or is the agent going to show it? In Los Angeles, until recently, lockboxes were rarely if ever used. Now, on an empty property they are becoming more common. If you are not comfortable having your home on a lockbox you need to make the clear up front.
- How available is your agent going to be for showing requests? You would be surprised at how many agents limit showings, or are difficult to reach. If you are in a hurry to sell, then time is of the essence. And a buyer who cannot see one property easily will move on to the next one.
- How personable and approachable is your agent? This is still a people business and agents like to do business with someone with whom they feel comfortable. As, I would imagine, do sellers.
Bottom line you are your Los Angeles Realtor®will be working as a team for a couple of months or longer. This needs to be a good relationship. Choose carefully.
Selling a Home in Los Angeles: The Series:
Step 1: Hire a Los Angeles Realtor®
Step 2: Get ready to list
Step 3: Handle the offer(s)
Step 4: The escrow process
Step 5: Prepare to move