The last phase of the escrow process when selling your Los Angeles home, will be the signing of the grant deed, oh and of course, receiving your money. All that is left for you to do is move. Hopefully, you will have made all the preparations in advance.
- Order all utilities to be shut off on the day of closing. This will allow the buyer to transfer them into his or her name without them having to have the service reconnected.
- You will have everything packed and ready to go, and the moving company scheduled.
- The home is to be delivered to the buyer according to the terms of the contract, and in the condition they saw it during their walk-through. There is no last-minute decision to take the refrigerator if the buyer requested it.
- The seller is expected to leave the home “broom clean”.
- There is a time specified by which all the keys shall be delivered to the buyer and the seller needs to have vacated the property. This is usually by 5:00 p.m. on the day of closing.
You are now on the way to your new home.
Selling a Home in Los Angeles: The Series:
Step 1: Hire a Los Angeles Realtor®
Step 2: Get ready to list
Step 3: Handle the offer(s)
Step 4: The escrow process
Step 5: Prepare to move
Los Angeles Homes for Sale
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, don’t hesitate to fill out the contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.