You know the story. The kids are gone. You have more space than you could ever use. The maintenance of the home is becoming more than you can handle and you are thinking, “should I downsize my Los Angeles home?”
You have decided that you are ready and are wondering how to proceed:
Should I wait to sell my Los Angeles home?
The good news is that any time you are thinking of selling your Los Angeles home is the right time. You are worried that prices are down and now is not the time. But think. You are also buying when prices are down. The same applies when prices are up.
Should I sell before I buy?
This would be the best course of action. Buying a home contingent on the sale of your own property is not the best course of action. You can always rent before you have found a new home. Renting is a great way to find out if you are going to be happy in a particular situation.
Where will I move?
One option is to move to a full service condominium building like those on the Wilshire Corridor or in Century City. These buildings provide you with security, every amenity you can think of and views to die for. The homeowners dues are pretty hefty, but you will never have to carry your shopping in again.
If you are not sure about condo living you could try leasing on the Wilshire Corridor or in Century City, and see how it feels.
There is a shortage of good inventory right now. Buyers are out there, and if you price your home right it will sell.
It is tough to let go of a home you have lived in for so long, in which your family grew up, but it may be time to look at your next living opportunity. A home that takes care of you, rather than the other way around.
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate - Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City single family homes,
- Palms/Mar Vista Real Estate - Palms/Mar Vista single family homes, Palms/Mar Vista condominiums
- Silver Lake Real Estate - Silver Lake single family homes, Silver Lake condominiums
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park single family homes, Echo Park condominiums
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, please fill out the online contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.
Jane Peters knows L.A. Real Estate. Let me do the Work for You!