Mayor Villaraigosa has signed an ordinance to restrict the size of hillside homes, effective May 9th.
The restriction also applies to the steepness of the lots and zone. and imposes a minimum lot size limit in order to standardize developments and set grading limits. Height will be limited to between 28-36 feet depending on the zone and slope of the roof. A neighborhood can adjust restrictions according to their needs.
Stifling creativity is one thing, stopping tearing down of neighborhood homes and building a huge building which dwarfs its neighbors and takes out the views is a good thing. This ordinance is an extension of one that was passed in 2008 restricting the building of oversized mansions on small lots throughout the city on the flatlands. These buildings dwarfed small homes built when Los Angeles was first developed taking away from the character of the neighborhoods.
While this anti-McMansionization of Los Angeles push by the City of Los Angeles has been going on since 2006, there is fear by some communities.
Buying or Selling Los Angeles Real Estate
Buying or selling a Los Angeles home can be a daunting process in a city this size, especially if you’re new to L.A. Town. You’ll need a resident expert to show you around and help you narrow down the areas where you might like to live. I will help you find the perfect home in the right area to fit your lifestyle, budget and needs!
When I list and sell Los Angeles homes for my clients I strive to make the experience a pleasant one. My mission is to provide outstanding service while utilizing the best practices and systems available.
If you are an absentee owner, you’ll need someone to handle all the details that you can’t handle remotely. That’s where I come in – I’m there when you can’t be. I also specialize in lease property in Los Angeles.
Westside Los Angeles Real Estate, including, but not limited to:
- Westwood Real Estate – Westwood single family homes, Wilshire Corridor condominiums, Century City condominiums
- Brentwood Real Estate – Brentwood single family homes, Brentwood condominiums
- Santa Monica Real Estate – Santa Monica single family homes, Santa Monica condominiums
- Beverly Hills Real Estate – Beverly Hills single family homes, Beverly Hills condominiums
- Culver City Real Estate – Culver City single family homes,
- Palms/Mar Vista Real Estate – Palms/Mar Vista single family homes, Palms/Mar Vista condominiums
- Silver Lake Real Estate – Silver Lake single family homes, Silver Lake condominiums
- Echo Park Real Estate – Echo Park single family homes, Echo Park condominiums
For more information on how I can best serve your Los Angeles real estate needs, please fill out the online contact form or give me a call at 310-473-6919.