Are you thinking of relocating to Los Angeles and don’t know quite where to start?
Do you need help? Someone who knows the area and has helped numerous people like yourself settle in?
Here are some things to consider:
- You are going to have to pick an area. This may depend on:
- Where you are going to be working.
- What school you would like your child to attend.
- What kind of housing you can afford whether it be a rental to start – a condo/apartment or a single family home.
- What kind of lifestyle you enjoy – outdoor, urban, ocean living, downtown living, etc.
- Will you need a short-term rental with an aim to buying a home or a long-term rental?
- Short-term rentals can be difficult to find in Los Angeles with the majority of landlords looking for a minimum one-year lease.
- The Los Angeles rental market is competitive right now so you will probably need help navigating it.
- Do you have an understanding of the Los Angeles real estate market in terms of prices, the market trend etc?
- If you are relocating to Los Angeles from another country and have no credit in the U.S. it can be challenging to get a rental property.
- If you wish to buy a home and need to get a loan, there are only a handful of lenders who will be able to help.
- You will need to establish utility accounts – gas, electric, cable, etc, and you will need to know which companies service your area.
Feel free to browse this site to familiarize yourself with the Los Angeles real estate market. Here are some search tips.
There is so much to learn when moving to any city let alone one as vast as Los Angeles and having someone who has experience helping out-of-towners can be an invaluable asset.
If you are moving to Los Angeles and don’t know where to start, I can help.
|Need Help? Have questions? Fill out the CONTACT FORM or call Jane at 310-473-6919